Justin Bell is Surrey Park's Head Coach. He is an experienced Silver Licence Coach who has coached swimmers to compete successfully at State National and International levels. Justin is the primary coach of Surrey Park's National Open and National Age squads.
Justin rejoined Surrey Park’s Coaching Team as National Age Coach in May 2019. He had spent much of his previous ‘swimming life’ at Surrey Park, initially as a successful swimmer who went on to compete at National level, then as an assistant coach working primarily with the Club’s more Junior State-level swimmers. He is also a member of a 3rd generation Surrey Park family.
Justin’s skills as a coach were recognized outside the Club and the State. Five years ago he was given the opportunity to move to Queensland and broaden his coaching knowledge and experience; also to work with more senior, as well as junior athletes.
During the time in Queensland Justin’s coaching career as a coach prospered.He Justin was selected as an Australian Team Coach for the Australian Junior Pan Pacs 2018 Team and was the coach of swimmers selected for this team in both 2018 and 2019.
Some of Justin's other achievements whist coaching in Queensland included:
- National Age Squad Coach of the Rackley Club and Lead Coach at St Joseph’s College, Brisbane
- Primary Coach of a number of National Age Finalists and Medal winners
- Coached 16 swimmers to compete at 2019 Age Nationals and Queensland 2017 and 2018 State Teams members
- Queensland State Teams coach in 2017
- Numerous Queensland State Finalists