4 March 2018
Coaching Team Update
We are very pleased to welcome Chelsea Stewart to our coaching team. This is timely as Jess is having a couple of months off. Nathan has university commitments during the week, however, we will see him on pool deck on Saturday mornings. Bob Alford will coach on Friday afternoons. David and Bek continue to lead the team and will also be supported some afternoons by Andrea Forshaw and Courtney Taylor. We are also fortunate that Jaan Murphy is able to assist from time to time. Jaan is a silver licensed coach. Jaan was previously the Head Coach at Tuggeranong Vikings after a 3 year coaching stint in Singapore.
I also wanted to share with you Chelsea's swimming background. Chelsea is a fomer competitive swimmer having competed for many years for Ginninderra Swim Club. Highlights from Chelsea's swimming career include:
- Qualified for Australian Age Championships at the age of 12
- Selection on NSW A squad as a result of top 10 placing at Australian Age in multiple events
- Selection in Age Development Squad
- Selection in Distance Development Squad
- Country, State, State open medalist and finalist
- Received 2013 School Sport Australia Sportsmanship Award
- Speedo Sprint finalist and medalist
- YPS Gold level
- JX Gold level
- Specialised in 100 Breast, 200 Breast, 200 IM and 400 IM.
Chelsea is also a qualified Technical Official and is currently in her second year of Medical Science, after 2 years at ANU studying Conservation Biology. Welcome to pool deck Chelsea.
David is currently at the Gold Coast supporting Josh, David and Courtney who are cometing in the Australian Commonwealth Games Trials. Josh swam in the finals of the S14 100m Freestyle last night and finished 5th. Courtney swam earlier today in the 50m Backstroke and David swam earlier in the week in the S9 100m Free finishing 11th. David will be back on pool deck next week.