9 April 2013
With Day 1 nerves put to bed, the team hit the water again for Day 2 action. Many of the team were in action during the prelims with a number qualifying for the evening finals.
Highlights from the Day 2 finals are:
· Jemma Schlicht – 15 yrs 100 Free – Gold (Jemma’s second gold but first individual medal for the meet)
· Sian Whittaker – 15 yrs 100 Free – 5th (equal) (Sian’s second dead heat of the day)
· Alexandra Good – 15 yrs 200 Fly – 4th
· Adelaide Wood - 14 yrs 800 Free – 9th (Addy swam her heat during the prelims and had to wait for the outcome of the fastest heat later in the evening session)
· Boys 18/under 4 x 100 Free Relay (Thomas [8 questions only] Wood, Cameron [SP Blue Blood] Crabb, Lachlan [Big Fella McLeish] & Sebastian [the quiet achiever] Cumins) hung on to a 9th placing to get amongst the points.
· Carlos Berbia – 12/13 years 200 IM – 11th (1st Emergency)
· Lachlan McLeish – 17/18 yrs 100 Back -12th (2nd Emergency)
Day 2 is done and dusted. Time now for the team to focus on what lies ahead and they have our full support in their mission - to swim fast (and not make Coach Mike prematurely grey!)